Updated May 2016
Acceptance of Terms
The Information Collected
In the course of operating the Website and/or interacting with you, I may collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
1. Personal Information.
When you sign up to receive any of my newsletters, respond to a survey, register for a class, or purchase any product or service, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number. I do not collect any personal information from Visitors when they use the Websites unless they provide such information voluntarily, such as by registering or sending an email or signing up for a newsletter. All information collected and/or received under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
2. Order Information.
When you place an Order, you must provide certain information about the products and services you are seeking to purchase. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
3. Billing Information.
4. Other Information.
In addition to the information noted above, I may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
b. From Your Activity. Information that I automatically collect when you use the Website, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Websites you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
c. From Cookies. Information collected using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. I may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Website. If you do not want a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies, the Website may not function properly.
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Websites.
e. From Other Sources. I also may collect or receive information from third parties, such as Facebook and/or other third-party social media sites.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any marketing email. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account or their Orders. I will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in my subscription databases.
How I Use and Share the Information
I use the Personal Information, the Order Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide services; to process Orders; to administer rewards and promotional programs; to maintain and improve the Website and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about products and services and those of third-party marketing partners.
I may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- Access, use, and share the Information as required to process your Orders and provide support to you.
- In order to provide services and administer rewards and promotional programs, I may share the Information (excluding the Billing Information) with third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in various programs.
- With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. I use standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). I also use OAuth to share information about you that is stored by me without sharing your security credentials.
- I may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on my behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, Order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand my Visitors, customers, and products and services, I may analyze the Order Information and Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and/or my products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. I may share this aggregate data with affiliates, agents, and business partners. I may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- I may share some or all of your Information with any parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control.
- As I develop my business, I might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, I may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever I believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of myself or others.
Information You Share
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Information available to third parties — for example on message boards or web logs; through email; during webinars, classes, telephone conferences, or coaching calls; or in comment or chat areas — that information can be seen, collected, heard, and/or used by others besides us. I cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
How I Protect the Information
I take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. I cannot guarantee the security of my databases, nor can I guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to me via email.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
How to Contact Me